Last Updated: October 5, 2020
Information You Provide: We collect information about you (“personal information”) and your use of the Site, some of which may or may not be personally identifiable. We collect information that you provide to us on the Site as well as through your access to or use of any Services. This includes, but is not limited to, your personal information such as:
- Real name, alias, postal or physical mailing address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, e-mail address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
- Signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit or debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Professional (or employment) related information;
- Information that permits the physical or online contacting of the user; and
- Any other information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Information Collected Automatically: We also collect technical information about your visit to the Site, which may include information about your device, web browser, and location. When you browse the Site, your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) is recorded so that we may know how you are using the Site. Your browser may also automatically provide us with information regarding the type of computing device and operating system you are using. This information is used by NRI to monitor and improve the Site. This information is not linked back to you as an individual user.
Information Collected From Third Parties: We also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- Our business partners may provide us with information about you.
- Our service providers may give us information about you that they collect when performing services on our behalf.
- We may supplement the information that we collect about you with information from data providers, such as consumer reporting agencies or government records.
- We may receive information about you when you interact with our brand on social media sites or other third-party websites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or YouTube.
We may use the information that we collect from you to:
- Provide you with the services or products that we offer through the Site and our Services;
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, or other service-related purposes;
- Enhance your experience with us, such as tailoring the content displayed on the Site or through our Services to your preferences, or developing new products or services based on your interactions with the Site and our Services;
- Carry out any specific purposes for which we have obtained your prior consent; or
- Conduct any other legitimate business activities not otherwise prohibited by law.
We may also use your information for business purposes such as:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Short-term, transient use, provided that the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
We may share information about you with relevant and appropriate third parties in the following situations:
- To our business partners, such as lenders, banks, credit card companies, financial institutions, brokers, and other third parties that deliver the products or services you request when using our Services provided through the Site;*
- To our service providers that perform functions on our behalf;
- To protect or enforce our rights or property, to protect your safety or the safety of others, or to investigate, prevent, or take action against fraud or other illegal activities;
- In response to legal process or as otherwise required by law;
- In the event that NRI goes through a business transition or corporate transaction requiring due diligence, such as a merger, capital investment, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; or
- To conduct any other legitimate business activities not otherwise prohibited by law.
*Our business partners may retain or use your information whether or not you use their services. You should contact these companies directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices. NRI may also receive information about you from our business partners including, but not limited to, details regarding the services or products you receive. NRI may maintain this information to assist with litigation, regulatory request(s), law enforcement requests, internal analytics, marketing purposes, and any other legally permissible purpose.
We do not sell personal information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to or sent by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
To protect the security of your information, we may require you to authenticate your identity (i.e., prove that you are who you say you are) to conduct certain transactions. It is a good idea to protect your security by always closing your web browser after leaving a website when not in use. If you believe that your personal information has been misused to engage in any unauthorized activity, you must tell us immediately by calling us at 1-877-221-9729. If you fail to notify us, you may be liable for all unauthorized activity on your account.
THIRD PARTY LINKS / SERVICES
When you browse or use the Site, we may store certain information on your device in the form of a small text file or “cookie,” which can help us to tailor the Site and our Services to your individual preferences and save you time if you use the Site or our Services again. For more information about cookies, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
NRI may also collect information during your use of our Services through our other online tracking technologies, which include Web beacons, cookies, embedded Web links, and other information-gathering tools. These tools collect certain traffic information that your browser automatically sends, such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, click stream behavior (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with HP websites or “powered by” websites) and product information. Information from these tracking technologies allow us to measure activity through the Site and to create ideas for improving the Site and our Services, which may include the time and length of your visit, pages viewed, previously visited websites, and your Internet service.
We may partner with other third parties to provide certain features for the Site and our Services, or to display advertising on the Site based upon your online activities. Some of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising. You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose not to accept cookies from the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of our features or to receive some of the services that the Site or our Services provide.
Even if you disable tracking, keep in mind that you may still receive Interest-based advertising that is not based on your interests and preferences or from third parties with whom your information had been previously disclosed.
The Site does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
The Site and our Services are not intended for use by persons who have not yet reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. We do not knowingly solicit information from children under the age of 13 years, and we do not knowingly market to children. Please notify us immediately if you believe that we may have collected personal information from a child, so that we can delete such information.
We do not sell the personal information of California consumers that are less than 16 years of age, unless the consumer (in the case of consumers between 13 and 16 years of age) or the consumer’s parent or guardian (in the case of consumers who are less than 13 years of age) has affirmatively authorized the sale of the consumer’s personal information.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have the right to:
- Request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer.
- Request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer, free of charge, the following:
o The categories of personal information that it has collected about that consumer.
o The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
o The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
o The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
o The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- Request that a business that sells the consumer’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose disclose, free of charge, to the consumer:
o The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
o The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
o The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- Direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information.
You may submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act through the following methods:
- You may call us toll-free at 1-877-221-9729.
- You may write to us at P.O. Box 120666, St. Paul, MN 55112.
To submit a request, we are required to verify your identity. Please be prepared to provide us with your full name and full social security number. We will match the personal information that you provide to us with personal information that we already maintain about you in order to verify your identity. We may also need to contact you to confirm your request.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make such requests on your behalf by sending a written authorization to our P.O. Box address containing your full name, full social security number, the full name of the authorized agent, and their contact information (name of their company, phone number, and address).
We may not be able to honor each request that we receive, but if we are unable to do so, we will respond to let you know the reason. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights as described in this section.